SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A woman is in custody after allegedly trying to snatch a 2-year-old boy from the Embarcadero in San Francisco Monday morning.
Around 9:30 a.m. a woman approached a mother and her son as they were walking in front of the Ferry Building.
She began yelling at them and tried to grab the child from his mom’s arms.
Police say the two struggled over the child.
Shop owners and people passing by stopped to help restrain the woman and called police.
Officers arrived within five minutes of the report.
The child is alright and the woman is now in custody for attempted kidnapping.
No further details were immediately made available.
— Haaziq Madyun (@KRON4HMadyun) May 22, 2017
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN DIES IN SHOOTING AT SAN JOSE WEINERSCHNITZEL RESTAURANT
- 5 HOSPITALIZED AFTER EATING NACHO CHEESE AT SACRAMENTO GAS STATION
- BOMB SQUAD DIFFUSING SCARY SITUATION AT SAN JOSE MIDDLE SCHOOL
- PARENTS: MISSING RICHMOND TEEN COULD BE VICTIM OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- MISSISSIPPI TEENS ARRESTED IN CONNECTION TO DEATH OF 6-YEAR-OLD BOY
- CONTROVERSIAL BILL WOULD END LIFETIME REGISTRATION FOR CERTAIN SEX OFFENDERS
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: A CEMETERY IS NOT A CITY PARK