SOUTH CAROLINA (WSPA) — A woman accused of setting a sleeping man on fire inside a home in South Carolina was sentenced to 30 years in prison.
Angela Nicole Berry was found guilty of voluntary manslaughter, according to the deputy solicitor.
The burning happened on July 17, 2015.
When deputies responded to the scene, the victim was found with severe burns and looked like his skin “had been melted off his body.”
William Corteville Sr. was airlifted to the Augusta Burn Center for treatment where he died on December 20.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN JOSE STATE FOOTBALL PLAYER RECOVERING AFTER STABBING
- TEEN DROWNS IN SAN JOAQUIN RIVER DAYS BEFORE HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
- PEDIATRICIANS: CHILDREN UNDER AGE 1 SHOULD NOT HAVE FRUIT JUICE
- RESEARCHERS NEED VOLUNTEERS TO SMOKE POT FOR STUDY
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: BAY TO BREAKERS AND BOOZE
- SHOCKING VIDEO: SEA LION SNATCHES GIRL FROM PIER