SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A man who was found suffering from a gunshot wound in San Francisco’s Marina District over the weekend has died, police said Wednesday.
Officers found the victim, identified as 32-year-old Kelly G. Freeman, in a doorway of the 100 block of Alhambra Street at around 12:10 p.m. Saturday, according to police.
The officers were originally called to do a well-being check on a man sleeping in the doorway of a residence.
Freeman was unresponsive when officers found him.
He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries despite medical efforts.
Police are asking anyone who knew the victim or has any information to contact the SFPD 24 hour Tip Line at (415) 575-4444 or Text-A-Tip to TIP411 (847411) and begin the text message with SFPD.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- BOTULISM DEATH REPORTED IN NAPA COUNTY
- 9-YEAR-OLD OAKLAND BOY SHOT WHILE WALKING HIS DOG ON HIS BIRTHDAY
- DANVILLE BANK ROBBER WITH FAKE BEARD ID’D AS FORMER COP
- SAN FRANCISCO STATE BUILDING EVACUATED DUE TO BOMB THREAT
- PREGNANT SENIOR NOT ALLOWED TO WALK AT GRADUATION
- TOXICOLOGIST TESTIFIES ON SIERRA LAMAR’S KILLER’S PESTICIDE EXPOSURE
- MUG SHOT: ‘JOKER’ ARRESTED FOR POINTING GUN AT CARS
- FATHER OF SUSPECTED MANCHESTER BOMBER SAYS SON IS INNOCENT