SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Police have found a car at San Francisco International Airport belonging to the person of interest in the disappearance of a missing San Francisco father, police said Thursday.
48-year-old Piseth Chhay was last seen on Mother’s Day. Police found his car in San Francisco’s Bayview District completely stripped.
Bob Tang, also known as Bob Tov, of San Francisco, is the person of interest. Tang was last seen on May 22 by his wife, when he responded to an alarm call at a residence in Antioch, and was reported missing on May 24.
Tang and Chhay are family acquaintances, and Tang is thought to be the last person who saw Chhay, who was last seen on May 14.
Tang was supposed to interview with investigators on Tuesday but never showed up.
Investigators believe Tang fled the country, possibly to Cambodia.
Police said that in addition to locating Tang’s vehicle, they also served search warrants today in the cities of Hayward and San Francisco in connection with the case. Police had previously served other warrants in Antioch and San Francisco.
Chhay is a husband and father. He also worked as a driver for Uber.
Anyone who has seen Tang or Chhay or has any information regarding their whereabouts is asked to contact San Francisco police via the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444, or text a tip to TIP411 with SFPD at the beginning of the message.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- POLICE SUSPECT FOUL PLAY AFTER SAN FRANCISCO FATHER GOES MISSING
- CRESCENT CITY MAN WHO RAPED SISTER GETS PROBATION
- CASTRO VALLEY BOY WITH AUTISM HAS BASEBALL GEAR STOLEN
- VIDEO: WOMAN FIGHTS OFF CARJACKERS
- BOTULISM DEATH REPORTED IN NAPA COUNTY
- OAKLAND BOY SHOT WHILE WALKING HIS DOG ON HIS 9TH BIRTHDAY
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SANTA CLARA COUNTY TRAFFIC CRACKDOWN