VALLEJO (KRON) — A vigil is being held for missing 16-year-old Vallejo teen, Pearl Pinson, who went missing one year ago Thursday.
Pinson was last seen walking on an overpass in Vallejo on her way to school.
Investigators say 19-year-old Fernando Castro grabbed Pinson on a pedestrian overpass on I-780 near Taylor Avenue.
Castro was found a day later, hundreds of miles away in the Santa Barbara area, where he was killed in a shootout with deputies.
Since then, there has been no sign of Pinson.
A vigil for Pearl started at 4 p.m. at the Vallejo Little League field on Rollingwood Drive.
KRON4’s Charles Clifford is at the vigil and will have a live report on KRON4 News at 8 p.m.
— Chuck Clifford (@chuckclifford) May 25, 2017
New search in Sonoma County for missing Vallejo teen Pearl Pinson
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- POLICE SUSPECT FOUL PLAY AFTER SAN FRANCISCO FATHER GOES MISSING
- CRESCENT CITY MAN WHO RAPED SISTER GETS PROBATION
- CASTRO VALLEY BOY WITH AUTISM HAS BASEBALL GEAR STOLEN
- VIDEO: WOMAN FIGHTS OFF CARJACKERS
- BOTULISM DEATH REPORTED IN NAPA COUNTY
- OAKLAND BOY SHOT WHILE WALKING HIS DOG ON HIS 9TH BIRTHDAY
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SANTA CLARA COUNTY TRAFFIC CRACKDOWN