SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A man found stabbed to death Thursday morning in a San Francisco park was identified Friday as Giovanny Alvarez, 33, of San Francisco, according to the city medical examiner’s office.
Officers were dispatched at 5:30 a.m. to Bernal Heights Park and found Alvarez in the park suffering from stab wounds.
Paramedics declared Alvarez dead where they found him.
The incident is under investigation.
Police did not provide any further details on the incident.
Anyone with information about the stabbing is asked to call the San Francisco Police Department’s anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a text to TIP411 and begin the message with SFPD.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 13 WORKERS INJURED IN OAKLAND CONSTRUCTION SITE COLLAPSE
- OAKLAND PROPOSES $1 M SETTLEMENT IN POLICE SEX SCANDAL CLAIM
- PERSON OF INTEREST’S CAR IN MISSING FATHER CASE FOUND AT SFO
- FASTRAK MAY OWE YOU MONEY
- TRUMP’S BUDGET CUTS WEST COAST QUAKE WARNING SYSTEM FUNDING
- 7TH-GRADER GETS ‘MOST LIKELY TO BECOME A TERRORIST’ AWARD
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SOUTH BAY CRACKDOWN LEADS TO 200 TICKETS