With over three million people expected to travel by plane this Memorial Day Weekend, it’s probably a good idea to plan ahead for complications no matter where you’re flying.
However, be extra prepared for delays or cancellations if you are traveling in or out of San Francisco International Airport.
KRON4’s Averi Harper visited the airport Saturday. She reported that thousands of flyers will be impacted over the next few days.
As of 8:30 a.m. Sunday, some flights were delayed by more than 90 minutes.
— Averi Harper (@AveriHarper) May 27, 2017
One of the airport’s main runways has been closed for renovations for nearly two months, causing problems for thousands of flyers.
On non-holiday weekends, as many as 100 flights have been cancelled due to the runway construction.
This weekend, plan ahead for delays of 30-90 minutes, and be sure to double check your flight status with your carrier.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- POLICE SUSPECT FOUL PLAY AFTER SAN FRANCISCO FATHER GOES MISSING
- CRESCENT CITY MAN WHO RAPED SISTER GETS PROBATION
- CASTRO VALLEY BOY WITH AUTISM HAS BASEBALL GEAR STOLEN
- VIDEO: WOMAN FIGHTS OFF CARJACKERS
- MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS FACING FELONY CHILD PORNOGRAPHY CHARGES
- OAKLAND BOY SHOT WHILE WALKING HIS DOG ON HIS 9TH BIRTHDAY
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SANTA CLARA COUNTY TRAFFIC CRACKDOWN