(KRON) — One high school senior in Texas is planning on graduating soon and she expects her best four-legged friend to be in the crowd.
She even got him his own graduation cap to sport.
Nyland Smith is a black lab who is a service dog in training.
Julia Smith took on the project of training him for being a guide dog for the blind.
Nyland has been to every senior year class with Julia as part of the training. He even got his own spot in the school yearbook.
Julia says he will complete his training by the end of summer when she heads off to college.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 13 WORKERS INJURED IN OAKLAND CONSTRUCTION SITE COLLAPSE
- OAKLAND PROPOSES $1 M SETTLEMENT IN POLICE SEX SCANDAL CLAIM
- PERSON OF INTEREST’S CAR IN MISSING FATHER CASE FOUND AT SFO
- FASTRAK MAY OWE YOU MONEY
- TRUMP’S BUDGET CUTS WEST COAST QUAKE WARNING SYSTEM FUNDING
- 7TH-GRADER GETS ‘MOST LIKELY TO BECOME A TERRORIST’ AWARD
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SOUTH BAY CRACKDOWN LEADS TO 200 TICKETS