OAKLAND (KRON) – Construction will limit BART service in Oakland throughout Memorial Day weekend, BART officials said.
Crews will be doing track work between the Lake Merritt and Fruitvale stations May 27-29.
Friendly Reminder for #BART riders. The Lake Merritt Station is closed for track work. Free bus bridge available. 20-40 min delays.
— Robin Winston (@RobinWinstonTV) May 29, 2017
As a result, no trains will run between those stations, but there is a free bus bridge to connect riders.
Officials say to expect 20-40 minute delays, especially if you’re headed to the Oakland Airport.
The Lake Merritt Station will be closed until Tuesday.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 13 WORKERS INJURED IN OAKLAND CONSTRUCTION SITE COLLAPSE
- OAKLAND PROPOSES $1 M SETTLEMENT IN POLICE SEX SCANDAL CLAIM
- PERSON OF INTEREST’S CAR IN MISSING FATHER CASE FOUND AT SFO
- FASTRAK MAY OWE YOU MONEY
- TRUMP’S BUDGET CUTS WEST COAST QUAKE WARNING SYSTEM FUNDING
- 7TH-GRADER GETS ‘MOST LIKELY TO BECOME A TERRORIST’ AWARD
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SOUTH BAY CRACKDOWN LEADS TO 200 TICKETS