VIRGINIA (WAVY) — A principal and secretary at McIntosh Elementary School in Newport News are on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation into a prayer on school property.
A spokesperson for schools says the secretary and principal took a first grade student into an empty classroom on Wednesday, placed holy water or oil on the child’s forehead and prayed for the child. 10 On Your Side was told the child has some behavioral issues.
The child’s mother was at the school at the time, although not in the classroom and was okay with what was happening.
The school spokesperson says someone else at the school complained.
WAVY News has learned school system officials plan to discuss the situation next week and decide if there should be any disciplinary actions.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 13 WORKERS INJURED IN OAKLAND CONSTRUCTION SITE COLLAPSE
- OAKLAND PROPOSES $1 M SETTLEMENT IN POLICE SEX SCANDAL CLAIM
- PERSON OF INTEREST’S CAR IN MISSING FATHER CASE FOUND AT SFO
- FASTRAK MAY OWE YOU MONEY
- TRUMP’S BUDGET CUTS WEST COAST QUAKE WARNING SYSTEM FUNDING
- 7TH-GRADER GETS ‘MOST LIKELY TO BECOME A TERRORIST’ AWARD
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SOUTH BAY CRACKDOWN LEADS TO 200 TICKETS