ARCADIA, Calif. (AP) — An off-duty customs officer has killed a 15-year-old boy and wounded another teen authorities say tried to rob him.
It happened Friday night in the Los Angeles suburb of Arcadia.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says the Customs and Border Protection officer was walking down a street when the 15-year-old and two14-year-olds attacked him.
Authorities say one teen hit the officer several times in the head and another pointed a gun at him and demanded his property.
The officer pulled his department-issued gun and fired, hitting two boys.
One boy ran off and was later arrested on suspicion of robbery.
The 15-year-old died at a hospital Saturday morning. A 14-year-old remains hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 13 WORKERS INJURED IN OAKLAND CONSTRUCTION SITE COLLAPSE
- OAKLAND PROPOSES $1 M SETTLEMENT IN POLICE SEX SCANDAL CLAIM
- PERSON OF INTEREST’S CAR IN MISSING FATHER CASE FOUND AT SFO
- FASTRAK MAY OWE YOU MONEY
- TRUMP’S BUDGET CUTS WEST COAST QUAKE WARNING SYSTEM FUNDING
- 7TH-GRADER GETS ‘MOST LIKELY TO BECOME A TERRORIST’ AWARD
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SOUTH BAY CRACKDOWN LEADS TO 200 TICKETS