UPDATE: The victims who died in the crash have been identified as 17-year-old Briana Ortega and 17-year-old Simon Sotelo.
ALAMEDA (KRON) — Police are investigating a major car crash that left 2 people dead and six injured Monday morning in Alameda.
Around 8:00 a.m. a GMC pickup truck was driving “at a high rate of speed” on Park St. when it clipped a Toyota SUV at Lincoln Ave., according to police.
There were seven people in the truck. One woman in the truck was pronounced dead at the scene. The other six were transported to Highland Hospital. A male passenger died from his injuries. The rest are in critical condition.
The woman inside the Toyota SUV suffered injuries not considered life-threatening.
None of the victims have been identified.
Police are calling this a “major accident investigation.”
Authorities said Park Street is now open to all traffic.
: Park St. is now open to all traffic.
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHILD THROWN FROM WATER PARK SLIDE IN DUBLIN
- MAN DIES FOLLOWING OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SAN JOSE
- FEDS: MAN TRIED TO BITE FLIGHT ATTENDANT, JUMPED FROM PLANE
- FASTRAK MAY OWE YOU MONEY
- TRUMP’S BUDGET CUTS WEST COAST QUAKE WARNING SYSTEM FUNDING
- 7TH-GRADER GETS ‘MOST LIKELY TO BECOME A TERRORIST’ AWARD
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SOUTH BAY CRACKDOWN LEADS TO 200 TICKETS