VACAVILLE (KRON) — Police are currently on the scene of an officer-involved shooting in Vacaville, authorities said.
Around 3:16 a.m., Vacaville police announced on social media that one man died in the shooting and an officer has been hospitalized with injuries that are not considered life-threatening.
The incident started at 12:16 a.m. when police say they spotted a stolen car.
Officers called for backup before attempting to stop the suspect vehicle, police said.
When officers turned on their lights and sirens, the car fled eastbound on I-80 before exiting at Leisure Town Rd., according to Vacaville police.
The officers used a successful pit maneuver to disable the car at Orange Dr. just north of Nut Tree Rd.
Soon after the suspect got out of the car shots were fired.
The suspect died on the scene.
One officer was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Further details about how the shooting unfolded were not immediately made available.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this developing story.
Vaca PD on scene of an OIS. One man is deceased and an officer has been hospitalized with non life threatening injuries. #VacaPD
— Vacaville Police (@VacavillePolice) May 29, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHILD THROWN FROM WATER PARK SLIDE IN DUBLIN
- MAN DIES FOLLOWING OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SAN JOSE
- FEDS: MAN TRIED TO BITE FLIGHT ATTENDANT, JUMPED FROM PLANE
- FASTRAK MAY OWE YOU MONEY
- TRUMP’S BUDGET CUTS WEST COAST QUAKE WARNING SYSTEM FUNDING
- 7TH-GRADER GETS ‘MOST LIKELY TO BECOME A TERRORIST’ AWARD
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SOUTH BAY CRACKDOWN LEADS TO 200 TICKETS