(CNN) — A deadly predator was the catch of a lifetime for a fisherman in Australia recently.
A great white shark — leaping into the man’s boat.
The fisherman says the shark hit him on the arm as it fell, knocking him to his hands and knees.
He signaled for help, and a marine rescue unit launched a boat and dispatched a helicopter.
The man was treated for cuts on his arm — mostly from getting knocked around the boat as the shark thrashed around wildly.
The great white was measured at almost 9 feet long.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SJSU STUDENT KIDNAPPED, FORCED TO DRIVE TO OREGON
- TEENS KILLED IN ALAMEDA CRASH IDENTIFIED
- VIDEO: BART PLAGUED BY CAR BURGLARIES, 12 OCCUR IN 24 HOURS
- FREMONT POLICE SHOOT SUSPECT NEAR SHOPPING CENTER
- POLICE: MAN YELLED RACIAL SLURS BEFORE MACHETE ATTACK IN CLEARLAKE
- “RESIST” ADVERTISEMENTS APPEAR ACROSS CALIFORNIA
- 82-YEAR-OLD MAN SAVES WIFE, DETAINS WOULD-BE BURGLAR IN SAN JOSE
- CHILD THROWN FROM WATER PARKSLIDE IN DUBLIN