ORLANDO (KRON) — Officers are responding to Orlando International Airport Tuesday to reports of a gunman in the parking garage, according to WFTV.
But at around 6:20 p.m., the suspect has been “contained” and there is no longer a threat. The gunman is now in custody, police said.
“Everyone is safe,” police tweeted.
An employee at a rental car company told WFTV he heard shots fired and the area he was in had been locked down.
Gunman in custody. Everyone is safe. We will brief ASAP at media briefing location.
— Orlando Police (@OrlandoPolice) May 31, 2017
Employees had been told to shelter behind the desk of the business, he said.
Airport officials said the shooting happened in the Terminal A car rental area.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEENS KILLED IN ALAMEDA CRASH IDENTIFIED
- VIDEO: BART PLAGUED BY CAR BURGLARIES, 12 OCCUR IN 24 HOURS
- FREMONT POLICE SHOOT SUSPECT NEAR SHOPPING CENTER
- POLICE: MAN YELLED RACIAL SLURS BEFORE MACHETE ATTACK IN CLEARLAKE
- “RESIST” ADVERTISEMENTS APPEAR ACROSS CALIFORNIA
- 82-YEAR-OLD MAN SAVES WIFE, DETAINS WOULD-BE BURGLAR IN SAN JOSE
- CHILD THROWN FROM WATER PARKSLIDE IN DUBLIN