The teen birth rate dropped 9 percent from 2013 to 2014 and is down 61 percent since 1991.
The data also shows women in their 20s and 30s are waiting longer to have babies.
In 2014, the birth rate for women ages 35 to 39 rose 3 percent.
It also went up 2 percent for women 40 to 44 in that same year.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN ON BAY BRIDGE CAUSES MAJOR DELAYS
- SJSU STUDENT KIDNAPPING AT KNIFEPOINT, ESCAPE IN OREGON DEEMED A HOAX
- SETTLEMENT APPROVED IN OAKLAND POLICE SEX SCANDAL
- SAN JOSE POLICE ARREST 27 PEOPLE IN UNDERCOVER PROSTITUTION SWEEP
- COPS: RACIAL SLUR SPRAYED ON LEBRON JAMES’ LOS ANGELES HOME
- DOCUMENTS REVEAL ISSUES WITH DUBLIN WATER RIDE