ANTIOCH (KRON) — Police are investigating a shooting Wednesday evening in Antioch that left a man dead, police said.
According to Antioch police, at 5:46 p.m. officers responded to the 2100 block of Lemontree Way on a report of gunshots.
Officers arrived and located evidence of a shooting, as well as an adult male shooting victim who fled the scene in a vehicle and collided with several uninvolved occupied vehicles as he fled, police said.
Police made contact with the victim a short distance away on L Street near the state Highway 4 overpass. The victim was taken to a local hospital where he died of his injuries, police said.
During an investigation, a suspect was identified and subsequently located at a home in the 2100 block of Lemontree Way.
According to police, the suspect initially refused to cooperate with police and would not exit the home. After a short standoff, the suspect exited and was peacefully taken into custody.
This homicide is currently under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call Antioch police at (925) 778-2441 or send a textto 274637 using the keyword ANTIOCH.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN ON BAY BRIDGE CAUSES MAJOR DELAYS
- SJSU STUDENT KIDNAPPING AT KNIFEPOINT, ESCAPE IN OREGON DEEMED A HOAX
- SETTLEMENT APPROVED IN OAKLAND POLICE SEX SCANDAL
- SAN JOSE POLICE ARREST 27 PEOPLE IN UNDERCOVER PROSTITUTION SWEEP
- COPS: RACIAL SLUR SPRAYED ON LEBRON JAMES’ LOS ANGELES HOME
- DOCUMENTS REVEAL ISSUES WITH DUBLIN WATER RIDE