MADERA COUNTY (KRON) — A Madera County homeowner says she came home to find that her renters had nearly destroyed her house.
This week, Holiday Manly says authorities found more than 400 pot plants in her home.
She says renters tore apart the ceiling for ventilation, added another room in the garage, and even rewired the electrical system.
Closets were destroyed, doors were completely removed, and mold is growing from the ceiling.
Manly says the damage to her is shocking, but the betrayal is even worse.
“I’m very disappointed that people like them who seem so honest and everything would be doing something like this behind our backs,” Manly said. “They thrashed our house, and we trusted them to live here. We don’t even know where to begin or anything on what to do.”
The total cost of the damage has not been calculated yet.
Manly says she does not think her insurance will be able to cover all of the repairs.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: KEVIN DURANT STARES DOWN RIHANNA DURING NBA FINALS
- CALIFORNIA TAKES FIRST STEP TO END DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
- VIDEO: ICE CUBE REMINDS WARRIORS’ FANS TO NOT GET TOO COMFORTABLE
- MENLO PARK PASTOR ARRESTED FOR ALLEGED SEX ASSAULTS ON MINORS
- 3 BART JANITORS MADE $365,000 IN OVERTIME LAST YEAR
- MOM FINDS GIANT HUNTSMAN SPIDER IN TODDLER’S BEDROOM