SANTA CLARA COUNTY (KRON) — The jury has reached a verdict for Antolin Garcia-Torres in the penalty phase of the Sierra LaMar murder trial Monday.
The announcement will be made at 1:30 p.m.
Antolin Garcia-Torres, 26, was convicted on May 9 of the first-degree murder of the 15-year-old in 2012 as well as the attempted kidnappings of three women in 2009.
The jury has spent the last few weeks hearing arguments before they had to decide whether to impose either the death penalty or life in prison without parole.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
- Defense: Sierra LaMar’s killer was exposed to harmful pesticides
- Antolin Garcia-Torres’ mother gives tearful testimony
- Timeline: Disappearance of Sierra LaMar
- Antolin Garcia-Torres’ family stays silent after guilty verdict
- Safeway parking lot kidnapping attempt victim testifies in Sierra LaMar trial
- Defense: LaMar ‘angry’ about move; would go back to Fremont to ‘party’
- Sierra LaMar Trial: witnesses testify about ‘runaway note’