SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)- San Francisco-bound commuters are advised to avoid the Bay Bridge at all costs this morning.
An overturn accident that happened around 7:00 a.m., just past the tunnel on westbound I-80, is causing a massive traffic jam.
KRON4’s Traffic Reporter Robin Winston says it will take well over an hour just to cross over the bridge in San Francisco.
— Robin Winston (@RobinWinstonTV) June 5, 2017
At first the three left lanes were blocked.
Around 8:15 a.m., the Sig-alert was cancelled and all lanes reopened.
Still Robin advises commuters to take BART instead of attempting to drive through this huge mess.
No information about the crash itself was immediately made available.
It is not known if anyone was injured at this time.
Stay with KRON4.com for updates, or tune into KRON4 Morning News to hear the latest in Robin’s traffic reports.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN DIES AFTER SWIMMING WITH NEW TATTOO IN GULF OF MEXICO
- PHOTO: MCDONALD’S BILLBOARD JOKE GOES VIRAL
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: WOMAN JUMPS IN FRONT OF CAR TO SAVE CHILD
- MAN CHARGED AFTER TAKING TODDLER ON MOTORCYCLE RIDE
- ADVISORY: TAP WATER IN SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO MAY BE CONTAMINATED
- STUDENT WHO TOOK PICTURE OF CLASSMATE URINATING NOT ALLOWED TO RETURN
- VIDEO: KEVIN DURANT STARES DOWN RIHANNA DURING NBA FINALS