SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — San Francisco police have arrested a 34-year-old Southern California man in the deadly beating of an Australian tourist, according to the San Francisco Police Department.
SFPD officers arrested David Murillo, of Hesperia, and booked him into San Francisco County Jail on involuntary manslaughter and assault and battery charges, prosecutors said.
Officers had detained Murillo inside the Da Vinci Villa hotel following the homicide. After interviewing him, investigators made the arrest.
The homicide happened on Friday at around 2:15 a.m. in the 2500 block of Van Ness Ave in the city’s Russian Hill neighborhood, according to police.
The victim, identified as 33-year-old Matthew Bate, of Australia, got into an argument with two men outside the Da Vinci Villa hotel.
Bate was found suffering from head trauma. He was taken to a San Francisco General Hospital where he later died.
Although an arrest has been made, investigators are asking anyone with information on this case to contact the San Francisco Police anonymously at 415-575-4444 or Text-a-Tip to TIP411 and begin the text message with SFPD
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN DIES AFTER SWIMMING WITH NEW TATTOO IN GULF OF MEXICO
- PHOTO: MCDONALD’S BILLBOARD JOKE GOES VIRAL
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: WOMAN JUMPS IN FRONT OF CAR TO SAVE CHILD
- MAN CHARGED AFTER TAKING TODDLER ON MOTORCYCLE RIDE
- ADVISORY: TAP WATER IN SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO MAY BE CONTAMINATED
- STUDENT WHO TOOK PICTURE OF CLASSMATE URINATING NOT ALLOWED TO RETURN
- VIDEO: KEVIN DURANT STARES DOWN RIHANNA DURING NBA FINALS