LAS VEGAS (KRON/CNN) — A Las Vegas restaurant cashier fell victim to an unusual petty theft, but thanks to security video and social media, police were able to track down the alleged crook.
According to the restaurant owner, a woman in orange shorts demanded a sample from the cashier.
As soon as the cashier walks away, she grabs the tip jar and takes off.
The restaurant owner posted the security video on Facebook.
After that video was released, other eateries came forward saying they were the victim of the same crime.
Police say up to 30 restaurants may have been hit.
That woman now faces one count of petty larceny.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- GARCIA-TORRES GETS LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE FOR MURDER OF SIERRA LAMAR
- 2 CHARGED IN DEADLY GHOST SHIP FIRE, INCLUDING DERICK ALMENA
- SF POLICE ARREST SOCAL MAN IN MURDER OF AUSTRALIAN TOURIST
- PHARMACIST ACCUSED OF NOT FILLING BIRTH CONTROL PRESCRIPTION
- HARVARD PULLS STUDENT OFFERS OVER ONLINE COMMENTS
- VIDEO: FANS FIGHT IN STANDS AS CAVS WALK OFF COURT DURING NBA FINALS
- BABY DELIVERED AFTER MOTHER DIES IN CRASH IN FRESNO COUNTY
- MAN DIES AFTER SWIMMING WITH NEW TATTOO IN GULF OF MEXICO