CONTRA COSTA COUNTY (KRON) — A 41-year-old man and his dog were fatally struck by a vehicle in a hit-and-run in unincorporated Bay Point late Tuesday night, according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP officers responded at 10:52 p.m. to a report of a collision involving a pedestrian at Port Chicago Highway and Lakeview Drive.
The 41-year-old Antioch resident, whose name is not yet being released by the Contra Costa County coroner’s office, was pronounced dead at the scene along with the dog, CHP Officer Brandon Correia said.
Investigators have determined the suspect vehicle was traveling east on Port Chicago Highway when it struck the man and dog in the roadway before fleeing, according to the CHP.
The man has been identified as Jason Gibson, according to the Contra Costa County coroner’s office.
No information about the suspect or vehicle was immediately available. Anyone who may have witnessed the collision or who has information about the case is asked to contact Officer Cahoon with the Contra Costa CHP at (925) 646-4980.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHILD FOUND ABANDONED NEAR SAN FRANCISCO ZOO
- MAN ACCUSED OF DRIVING TO BAY AREA, PLOTTING TO KILL HIS DOCTORS
- UBER DRIVER ACCUSED OF SEXUALLY BATTERING PASSENGER IN MORAGA
- PROSECUTOR: WOMAN IN TEXTING SUICIDE CASE WANTED ATTENTION
- VIDEO: MOM DEFENDS DECISION TO LET SNAKE BITE HER BABY
- ‘MIRACLE BABY’ BORN WITHOUT NOSE DIES AT 2 YEARS OLD