ALAMEDA (KRON) — A third victim of the Memorial Day Alameda crash has died, according to the Alameda County Coroner’s Office.
Sergio Garcia, 22, had been in critical condition at Highland Hospital since the crash that happened on May 29. Garcia died of complications of blunt head injuries.
A GMC Sierra truck was driving fast down Park Street when it clipped a minivan and flipped several times.
Seven people were in the truck at the time of the accident. Two others were killed, 17-year-old Briana Ortega and 17-year-old Simon Sotelo. Garcia and four other occupants of the truck were hospitalized with critical injuries.
Garcia’s aunt tells KRON4 that Valdez owned the truck involved in the crash. She says he was not driving at the time. Instead, a friend was at the wheel.
Alameda police are investigating the crash and said that speed appeared to be a factor in the collision.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MOTHER ACCUSED OF ABANDONING YOUNG GIRL NEAR SF ZOO IDENTIFIED
- WOMAN CHARGED WITH SHOVING METH IN TODDLER’S MOUTH IN BERKELEY PARK
- FUGITIVE SEX OFFENDER WANTED IN VIRGINIA FOUND HIDING AMONG SF HOMELESS
- STANFORD STUDY: OFFICERS SPEAK LESS RESPECTFULLY TO BLACKS THAN WHITES
- VIDEO: HORSES ESCAPE IN SF’S GOLDEN GATE PARK
- JURY FINDS MAN GUILTY OF IMPREGNATING CHILD TWICE
- MOTHER SHOOTS, KILLS ARMED SUSPECT DURING ATTEMPTED HOME INVASION