BERKELEY (KRON) — A women’s mosque in Berkeley is teaching an introductory course in self-defense.
Qal’bu Maryam Women’s Mosque and Tuff Love Fitness Collective teamed up to host the even called Into to Self-Defense for Muslim Women: A Hate Crime Survival Seminar.
The class teaches women how to protect themselves against common attack scenarios.
It also teaches them how to think in terms of choices and options while developing awareness, assertiveness skills and practice for physical self-defense techniques, according to the instructor.
The class covers non-contact self-defense. Self-defense begins long before it gets physical, so ways to heightened one’s a sense of awareness are taught.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 15-YEAR-OLD ACCIDENTALLY SHOT, KILLED BY FRIEND WITH BB GUN IN ANTIOCH
- THIRD VICTIM OF ALAMEDA CRASH DIES
- LAWSUIT: PLEASANTON BUSINESS OWNER DRESSED LIKE TRUMP RACIALLY HARASSED EMPLOYEE
- VIDEO: RACIALLY-CHARGED FIGHT AT CHICAGO STARBUCKS CAUGHT ON CAMERA
- VIDEO: OHIO SUBWAY EMPLOYEE TELLS ROBBER TO ‘GET A JOB’
- COMEY: TRUMP ADMINISTRATION SPREAD ‘LIES, PLAIN AND SIMPLE’