MILLBRAE (KRON) — Police are investigating after a teenage boy was stabbed outside of the Millbrae public library Friday, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office.
At around 2:30 p.m., a 40-year-old man randomly approached a 13-year-old outside the library and stabbed him, officials said.
The teen suffered stab wounds to both of his arms. He was rushed into the library bathroom after the attack with help from his friends.
The San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office had units nearby and arrived at the scene within 20 seconds of the stabbing.
Sheriff’s deputies detained the suspect, who is likely a transient.
The teen was taken to a nearby hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.
The boy is a student of Taylor Middle School, according to a tweet from the school.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 15-YEAR-OLD ACCIDENTALLY SHOT, KILLED BY FRIEND WITH BB GUN IN ANTIOCH
- THIRD VICTIM OF ALAMEDA CRASH DIES
- LAWSUIT: PLEASANTON BUSINESS OWNER DRESSED LIKE TRUMP RACIALLY HARASSED EMPLOYEE
- VIDEO: RACIALLY-CHARGED FIGHT AT CHICAGO STARBUCKS CAUGHT ON CAMERA
- VIDEO: OHIO SUBWAY EMPLOYEE TELLS ROBBER TO ‘GET A JOB’
- COMEY: TRUMP ADMINISTRATION SPREAD ‘LIES, PLAIN AND SIMPLE’