JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) – A man was killed when he was sucked underneath a street sweeper in Florida.
Local news outlets report that a street sweeper operator was killed early Saturday after officials say he became entangled while trying to clear something from the machine at a parking lot in the Mandarin neighborhood of Jacksonville.
Witnesses say the man was heard crying for help, but by the time rescuers had arrived he was already unresponsive.
Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Mark Musser says police worked throughout the day to contact both the man’s family and his employer. Investigators say they were trying to gather information about exactly how the incident happened.
Musser says no foul play is apparent and that it seems to be a terrible accident. The man’s identity wasn’t immediately released.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- BROTHER OF ALAMEDA COUNTY SHERIFF’S EMPLOYEE GOES MISSING IN SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
- EAST BAY MILITARY STUDENT TO PICK UP HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
- WARRIORS COULD WIN CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE HOME CROWD FOR 1ST TIME
- LOCAL GROUPS STILL FIGHTING TO KEEP RAIDERS IN OAKLAND
- VIDEO: FATHER MURDERED IN FRONT OF KIDS WHILE BUYING PUPPY FROM FACEBOOK AD
- POLICE: DAD ACCIDENTALLY SHOOTS 9-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER TO DEATH
- VIDEO: TEEN ARRESTED IN MURDER OF 10-YEAR-OLD GIRL