LAKEWOOD, Ohio (AP) – An Ohio teen lifeguard has rescued a 4-year-old boy – the first day on the job.
Jack Viglianco says he was 20 minutes into his shift at a Lakewood swimming pool Thursday when he heard the boy calling for help. The 15-year-old sprang into action, jumping into the water and helping the child to safety.
Viglianco says his heart was racing during the rescue, but says being a lifeguard is a dream come true.
The Lakewood Aquatics manager says there were 42 rescues last summer between the pools at Lakewood and Madison Park. All the victims were saved.
- SOMEONE PAID $133K FOR TWO COURTSIDE TICKETS TO GAME 5 OF NBA FINALS
- WOMAN ARRESTED AFTER CUPERTINO WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN HOME
- BODY RECOVERED FROM SAN JOSE’S ALMADEN LAKE
- VIDEO: SNOW HITS SIERRA NEVADA…IN JUNE
- BROTHER OF ALAMEDA COUNTY SHERIFF’S EMPLOYEE GOES MISSING IN SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
- VIDEO: FATHER MURDERED IN FRONT OF KIDS WHILE BUYING PUPPY FROM FACEBOOK AD
- POLICE: DAD ACCIDENTALLY SHOOTS 9-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER TO DEATH
- VIDEO: TEEN ARRESTED IN MURDER OF 10-YEAR-OLD GIRL