WAUSAU, Wisconsin (CNN Newsource/KRON) — A Wisconsin driver, who left a car at a metered space, got out of a parking ticket by leaving a note.
It says, “Please take pity on me. I walked home…Safe choices.” There was also a smiley face on the note.
The officer who came across the car gave into the request and wrote back, “Pity granted, just a warning.”
The officer also wrote $0.00 on the warning.
The Wausau Police Department posted about the exchange on Facebook, saying, the officer appreciates people making safe choices who also have a good sense of humor.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE HAPPENING THURSDAY
- VIDEO: KEVIN DURANT GETS OUT OF CAR TO CELEBRATE WITH WARRIOR FANS
- KEVIN DURANT, STEPHEN CURRY LEAD WARRIORS TO NBA TITLE
- DUB NATION CELEBRATES WITH ROWDY STREET PARTY
- CARS TOWED, CITATIONS ISSUED IN OAKLAND AFTER WARRIORS WIN
- DIDDY, SNOOP DOGG AMONG CELEBRITIES AT ORACLE FOR GAME 5 OF NBA FINALS
- SOMEONE PAID $133K FOR TWO COURTSIDE TICKETS TO GAME 5 OF NBA FINALS