MILPITAS (BCN) — A 64-year-old woman died at Regional Medical Center of San Jose last week after a hit-and-run crash in Milpitas left her in critical condition three days earlier, according to the Santa Clara County medical examiner’s office.
Santosh Jain, for whom medical examiner’s staff had a Milpitas address, died on Thursday. She was hit around 10 a.m. on June 5 in a crosswalk on South Main Street between Corning and West Curtis avenues, near O’Toole Elms Park.
Police obtained surveillance video from nearby buildings that showed a white 2011 Dodge Avenger sedan hitting Jain and fleeing the scene.
Around 11 a.m. on June 6, police found the Dodge with a newly replaced windshield and repaired passenger-side mirror at Alum Rock and North Jackson avenues in East San Jose.
The Dodge had other damage consistent with being involved in a crash, police said.Police arrested the driver, 35-year-old Lorelay Robles-Partida of San Jose, and booked her into Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of felony hit-and-run, driving without a license and destruction of evidence.
Anyone with information about the case has been asked to call Milpitas police at (408) 586-2400.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 DEAD, INCLUDING GUNMAN, AFTER SHOOTING AT SF UPS CENTER
- WITNESS SAYS HE SAW FIRST SHOT AT UPS CENTER, RAN FOR HIS LIFE’
- UPS WORKER DESCRIBES TERROR, PANIC DURING SHOOTING
- GUNMAN WOUNDS GOP CONGRESSMAN, THEN KILLED BY POLICE
- VIDEO CAPTURES MOMENT GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT GOP BASEBALL TEAM
- CANCER-CAUSING COMPOUND IN EAST BAY DRINKING WATER REACHES NEAR CRITICAL LEVEL
- WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE HAPPENING THURSDAY