(CNN) – A pair of sneakers has sold for big bucks at auction.
These are Nike Air Mag self-lacing sneakers.
They were inspired by the 1989 movie “Back to the Future Part Two,” and were first produced last year.
Heritage Auctions sold the pair earlier this month for the price of $52,500.
That number marked a new record for a collectible sneaker at a public auction.
The previous mark was just over $32,000.
The buyer of the Nike Air Mag sneakers was not named.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 DEAD, INCLUDING GUNMAN, AFTER SHOOTING AT SF UPS CENTER
- WITNESS SAYS HE SAW FIRST SHOT AT UPS CENTER, RAN FOR HIS LIFE’
- UPS WORKER DESCRIBES TERROR, PANIC DURING SHOOTING
- GUNMAN WOUNDS GOP CONGRESSMAN, THEN KILLED BY POLICE
- VIDEO CAPTURES MOMENT GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT GOP BASEBALL TEAM
- CANCER-CAUSING COMPOUND IN EAST BAY DRINKING WATER REACHES NEAR CRITICAL LEVEL
- WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE HAPPENING THURSDAY