TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) – A judge in Ohio has told a woman found guilty of aggravated murder in the death of a badly abused 4-year-old girl that she hopes the woman “will die in prison.”
The Blade reports that 25-year-old Bridgett White entered an Alford plea on Thursday, which means she doesn’t admit to the charge but acknowledges there’s evidence to convict her. Her attorney declined to comment after the hearing in Toledo.
Sentencing is next month.
Prosecutors say Aaliyah Smith weighed 30 pounds and had cocaine and heroin in her system when she was found dead in White’s home in November. White cared for the girl while her father worked.
Prosecutors say wounds show Aaliyah had been burned and struck, and believe the girl was locked in a dog cage as punishment.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 DEAD, INCLUDING GUNMAN, AFTER SHOOTING AT SF UPS CENTER
- WITNESS SAYS HE SAW FIRST SHOT AT UPS CENTER, RAN FOR HIS LIFE’
- UPS WORKER DESCRIBES TERROR, PANIC DURING SHOOTING
- GUNMAN WOUNDS GOP CONGRESSMAN, THEN KILLED BY POLICE
- VIDEO CAPTURES MOMENT GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT GOP BASEBALL TEAM
- CANCER-CAUSING COMPOUND IN EAST BAY DRINKING WATER REACHES NEAR CRITICAL LEVEL
- WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE HAPPENING THURSDAY