ANTIOCH (KRON) — A man is dead after an officer-involved shooting Friday night in Antioch.
The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. near the 2300 block of Manzanita Way.
An Antioch Police Department officer was involved in the shooting, police said.
The man shot and killed was a 37-year-old Antioch resident, police said.
The police officer was not injured during the incident.
The Antioch Police Department and the Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office are investigating the shooting.
No other information on the shooting was immediately available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 DEAD, INCLUDING GUNMAN, AFTER SHOOTING AT SF UPS CENTER
- WITNESS SAYS HE SAW FIRST SHOT AT UPS CENTER, RAN FOR HIS LIFE’
- UPS WORKER DESCRIBES TERROR, PANIC DURING SHOOTING
- GUNMAN WOUNDS GOP CONGRESSMAN, THEN KILLED BY POLICE
- VIDEO CAPTURES MOMENT GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT GOP BASEBALL TEAM
- CANCER-CAUSING COMPOUND IN EAST BAY DRINKING WATER REACHES NEAR CRITICAL LEVEL
- WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE HAPPENING THURSDAY