SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 4-year-old girl has been shot and killed by her 6-year-old sibling in their South Carolina home.
Spartanburg Police spokesman Maj. Art Littlejohn said in a statement that officers are investigating the Friday afternoon shooting.
The statement says it appears to be accidental and charges likely won’t be filed.
Authorities say one bullet hit Carley Mack and she died at the hospital about 45 minutes later.
Littlejohn did not say whether the 6-year-old who fired the gun was the girl’s brother or sister or give any details about who owned the gun or how the child got it.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 DEAD, INCLUDING GUNMAN, AFTER SHOOTING AT SF UPS CENTER
- WITNESS SAYS HE SAW FIRST SHOT AT UPS CENTER, RAN FOR HIS LIFE’
- UPS WORKER DESCRIBES TERROR, PANIC DURING SHOOTING
- GUNMAN WOUNDS GOP CONGRESSMAN, THEN KILLED BY POLICE
- VIDEO CAPTURES MOMENT GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT GOP BASEBALL TEAM
- CANCER-CAUSING COMPOUND IN EAST BAY DRINKING WATER REACHES NEAR CRITICAL LEVEL
- WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE HAPPENING THURSDAY