LITTLE RIVER, SC (WBTW) – Within a 48-hour time span a South Caolina man realized he had won the lottery, twice.
South Carolina Lottery officials say the man realized he had a winning ticket Monday night when he checked his numbers. That ticket was worth $100,000. The next morning, he checked a separate Powerball ticket and discovered it too was worth $100,000.
The Little River resident purchased both tickets at the Food Lion on Highway 9 in Longs for Saturday’s $447 million Powerball drawing. While he missed the jackpot by one number, the man says he and his wife are more than happy with the $200,000.
His secret? He’s played the same numbers for years, and it finally paid off, despite his wife’s skepticism when he first told her the good news.
“You’re lying,” she said.
“No, I’ve got five of these six numbers,” the man recalls saying while showering her the Powerball ticket.
He waited until they were in the car on the way to the Lottery’s Claims Center in Columbia to tell her about the second win.
“Wouldn’t it be great if we know the other people that won,” she said.
Not being able to hold the secret any longer, the man told his wife about win number two.
“You’re looking at that winner,” he said laughing. “The other ticket’s on the dash.”
The couple doesn’t have any big plans for their $200,000 prize money, not yet anyway.
“I’ve always wanted a little boat,” said the wife.
The winning Powerball numbers for June 10 were 20, 26, 32, 38, 58 and Powerball 3.
For selling the claimed tickets, Food Lion in Longs received a commission of $2,000.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 DEAD, INCLUDING GUNMAN, AFTER SHOOTING AT SF UPS CENTER
- WITNESS SAYS HE SAW FIRST SHOT AT UPS CENTER, RAN FOR HIS LIFE’
- UPS WORKER DESCRIBES TERROR, PANIC DURING SHOOTING
- GUNMAN WOUNDS GOP CONGRESSMAN, THEN KILLED BY POLICE
- VIDEO CAPTURES MOMENT GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT GOP BASEBALL TEAM
- CANCER-CAUSING COMPOUND IN EAST BAY DRINKING WATER REACHES NEAR CRITICAL LEVEL
- WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE HAPPENING THURSDAY