Video courtesy of CNN.
CHICKASHA, Okla. (AP) — Police in Oklahoma say the charred body of a Baptist minister was discovered next to his church last Friday.
Chickasha Police Department Lt. Scott Weaver says the body of 55-year-old Rev. Michael Dean Walworth was discovered about 7:45 a.m. on the ground near the First Missionary Baptist Church in Chickasha.
Officials say Walworth was pronounced dead at the scene between the church and a nearby residence.
Police say the cause of Walworth’s death and how his body was burned is under investigation.
Investigators say they believe the pastor’s death is an isolated incident and that the public is not in danger.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- BAY AREA TEMPS HIT RECORD HIGHS
- STUDY: COCONUT OIL MAY NOT BE HEALTHY TO CONSUME
- BLACK BEAR KILLS 16-YEAR-OLD BOY DURING RACE IN ALASKA
- SF ZOO OFFERS FREE ADMISSION TO UPS EMPLOYEES
- GILROY WOMAN KILLED IN FIERY SAN JOSE CRASH
- CHP: SAN JOSE MAN ARRESTED FOR BEATING OFFICER IN VALLEJO
- 2 CHILDREN, WOMAN FOUND MURDERED IN MODESTO HOME