SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The California Independent System Operator has issued a power warning, or Flex Alert, due to high temperatures across the state.
The alert calls for a voluntary electricity conservation, especially during the peak demand period between 2 p.m. and 9 p.m. The alert is also for Wednesday.
The last time the ISO issued a statewide Flex Alert was exactly a year ago.
Conservation Tips from the ISO:
• Set thermostat at 78° or higher and turn off, if away
• Cool with fans and draw drapes
• Turn off unnecessary lights and appliances
• Use major appliances in morning or late evening
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FATHER KILLS HIS 2 CHILDREN, HANGS HIMSELF IN SANTA ROSA
- 4-ALARM GRASS FIRE THREATENING HOMES IN MORAGA
- MAN FOUND KILLED NEAR SOUTH SAN JOSE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- PROSECUTORS: SANTA CRUZ DOCTOR WANTED TO IMPREGNATE WOMEN
- MAN KILLED IN CONCORD SHOOTING IDENTIFIED
- US STUDENT FREED BY NORTH KOREA HAS DIED AT 22
- BAY AREA TEMPS HIT RECORD HIGHS