HOUSTON (AP) — Officials say a woman has been charged with capital murder in the stabbing death of her 4-year-old daughter at a Houston-area apartment complex.
Deputy Thomas Gilliland of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office says 34-year-old Laquita Lewis texted family members Sunday evening, telling them she had hurt her child. The relatives contacted the sheriff’s office. When deputies arrived, they found Fredricka Allen dead.
Lewis is being held in Harris County jail Monday. Jail records do not list an attorney to speak for her.
Gilliland says that when Lewis began texting family members she was in the hospital, where she’d been taken after being injured in a traffic accident.
He says deputies haven’t determined why Lewis killed her daughter, though they believe Lewis got into a fight with her boyfriend earlier Sunday.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 DEAD, INCLUDING GUNMAN, AFTER SHOOTING AT SF UPS CENTERthe company estimates the loss of the avocados at around $300,000.
- WITNESS SAYS HE SAW FIRST SHOT AT UPS CENTER, RAN FOR HIS LIFE’
- UPS WORKER DESCRIBES TERROR, PANIC DURING SHOOTING
- GUNMAN WOUNDS GOP CONGRESSMAN, THEN KILLED BY POLICE
- VIDEO CAPTURES MOMENT GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT GOP BASEBALL TEAM
- CANCER-CAUSING COMPOUND IN EAST BAY DRINKING WATER REACHES NEAR CRITICAL LEVEL
- WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE HAPPENING THURSDAY