Video courtesy of CNN.
TEXAS (KRON) — A puppy is recovering after she was rescued from a hot car in a Walmart parking lot Saturday in Texas.
Her owner, 20-year-old Chandler Bullen, left her in the car with all the windows up on a 100 degree day while he went shopping.
Bystanders saw the 8-month-old pup locked in the car and called police to the scene.
There was a crack left in the sunroof just large enough for officers to break in with a crowbar.
When they got to the little dog, not only was she weak and panting frantically, she was also covered in fleas and small wounds.
Rescuers say had any more time passed, she most likely would have died.
Police say Bullen made some excuse about wanting to save gas, which they found particularly disturbing.
He was arrested on charges of animal cruelty.
The puppy, a Mexican Wolf – German Shepard mix, is now in the care of an animal shelter in Austin until caretakers can find her a new home.
CNN contributed to this article.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- BAY AREA TEMPS HIT RECORD HIGHS
- STUDY: COCONUT OIL MAY NOT BE HEALTHY TO CONSUME
- BLACK BEAR KILLS 16-YEAR-OLD BOY DURING RACE IN ALASKA
- SF ZOO OFFERS FREE ADMISSION TO UPS EMPLOYEES
- GILROY WOMAN KILLED IN FIERY SAN JOSE CRASH
- CHP: SAN JOSE MAN ARRESTED FOR BEATING OFFICER IN VALLEJO
- 2 CHILDREN, WOMAN FOUND MURDERED IN MODESTO HOME