SAN JOSE (KRON) — A grass fire broke out on US 101 South in East San Jose on Wednesday afternoon, the California Highway Patrol said.
Heavy smoke can be seen on the freeway at McKee Road.
The fire was reported around 4:11 p.m.
The CHP has shut down the onramp from McKee Road onto southbound Highway 101 as well as the highway’s southbound offramp onto East Santa Clara Street.
No other information has been made available by officers.
US 101 SB at McKee, grass fire on the right shoulder. Heavy smoke on freeway. CHP on scene
— CHP San Jose (@CHPSanJose) June 21, 2017
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 3.3-MAGNITUDE EARTHQUAKE RATTLES EAST BAY
- OFFICIAL: OAKLAND MAYOR, EX-POLICE CHIEF FAILED POLICE SEX SCANDAL PROBE
- HEAT WARNING FOR BAY AREA
- DONATIONS POUR IN FOR OAKLAND TEACHER SHOT, KILLED
- MOM MAKES HOT NEW FRIENDS AT DAUGHTER’S COLLEGE ORIENTATION, TEXTS ‘DON’T WAIT UP!’
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: RIDING WITH SUSPENDED LICENSE FOR 21 YEARS
- MOTHER OF KIDS KILLED BY FATHER IN SANTA ROSA WRITES HEARTBREAKING LETTER