HUNTINGTON BEACH (KRON) — A 70-year-old California woman says it felt like a helmet of buzzing bees after she was attacked by a swarm.
Mary Speicher says she was walking with her a dog in a park when she spotted the bees.
She quickly walked away but was followed as more than 100 bees got into her hair ears and nose.
She screamed for help and when firefighters showed up, the bees started stinging them too.
They had to use a hose to scare them off.
Now, Speicher is recovering at home but says next time she might consider bringing bug spray to fight back.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 3.3-MAGNITUDE EARTHQUAKE RATTLES EAST BAY
- OFFICIAL: OAKLAND MAYOR, EX-POLICE CHIEF FAILED POLICE SEX SCANDAL PROBE
- HEAT WARNING FOR BAY AREA
- DONATIONS POUR IN FOR OAKLAND TEACHER SHOT, KILLED
- MOM MAKES HOT NEW FRIENDS AT DAUGHTER’S COLLEGE ORIENTATION, TEXTS ‘DON’T WAIT UP!’
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: RIDING WITH SUSPENDED LICENSE FOR 21 YEARS
- MOTHER OF KIDS KILLED BY FATHER IN SANTA ROSA WRITES HEARTBREAKING LETTER