SAN MATEO COUNTY (BCN) — A collision Thursday involving a minivan and dump truck on state Highway 1 north of Pescadero has left two people dead, California Highway Patrol officials said.
The collision occurred at about 4:10 p.m. on southbound Highway 1 near Pomponio State Beach.
A Toyota Siena minivan was traveling east and exiting the Pomponio State Beach parking lot onto state Highway 1 when it was struck by a dump truck, according to the CHP.
A female passenger in the Toyota was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The male driver was airlifted to the hospital but died a short time later.
CHP Redwood City tweeted that the occupant of the Toyota was an elderly couple leaving Pomponio State Beach.
The collision is currently under investigation.
Update: Toyota occupants were elderly couple leaving Pomponio State Beach and dump truck was traveling SB on SR-1
— CHP RWC (@CHP_RedwoodCity) June 23, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4-ALARM FIRE THREATENING HOMES IN VALLEJO
- TWO DEAD AFTER HOME INVASION IN BRENTWOOD
- DANGEROUSLY HOT WEATHER HITS BAY AREA
- VIDEO: MOTORCYCLE DRIVES THROUGH PROTEST IN SAN FRANCISCO
- TEEN ACCIDENTALLY SHOT, KILLED BY LA DEPUTIES FENDING OFF DOG
- BLOGGER DIES AFTER WHIPPED CREAM CANISTER EXPLODES