OAKLAND (BCN) — The death of a 102-year-old woman whose body was found in her East Oakland home Sunday is being investigated as suspicious, according to Oakland police officials.
Mildred Williams was found unconscious in her residence in the 3000 block of 22nd Avenue after officers were sent to investigate at about 1:20 a.m., according to Oakland police spokesman Officer Marco Marquez.
Emergency medical personnel pronounced Williams dead at the scene.
Police detained one person at the time but they were “released pending further investigation,” according to Marquez.
Williams’ death is being described by police as a “suspicious circumstance” or “unexplained death.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Oakland police homicide section at (510) 238-3821 or the tip line at (510) 238-7950.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN GIRL DIES AFTER FALLING OFF SAN FRANCISCO CLIFF
- IN HEARTBREAKING VIDEO, GIRL BEGS MOTHER FOR QUIET AFTER CASTILE SHOOTING
- 6 DEATHS IN CALIFORNIA DUE TO HEAT WAVE
- CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER MOVES NEXT DOOR TO HIS VICTIM
- NORTH KOREA DENIES TORTURING AMERICAN DETAINEE OTTO WARMBIER
- BRENTWOOD HOME INVASION TURNS DEADLY