SUNNYVALE (KRON) — A person died Friday morning after being struck by Caltrain in Sunnyvale, according to officials.
Southbound train No. 218 hit a person on the tracks at 8:21 a.m. at the Sunnyvale Caltrain station.
There were roughly 60 passengers onboard at the time, none of whom were injured.
Trains are single-tracking through the area, but not stopping at the station. Delays of 30 to 40 minutes have been reported.
Information about the victim’s current condition was not immediately available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN GIRL DIES AFTER FALLING OFF SAN FRANCISCO CLIFF
- IN HEARTBREAKING VIDEO, GIRL BEGS MOTHER FOR QUIET AFTER CASTILE SHOOTING
- 6 DEATHS IN CALIFORNIA DUE TO HEAT WAVE
- CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER MOVES NEXT DOOR TO HIS VICTIM
- NORTH KOREA DENIES TORTURING AMERICAN DETAINEE OTTO WARMBIER
- BRENTWOOD HOME INVASION TURNS DEADLY