(KRON/CNN) — Surveillance video in Southwest China shows a toddler being rescued from what could have been a deadly accident.
China seems to have more than its share of children in peril. In the video, we see a motorcycle with a pink umbrella.
And when the driver stops, a 2-year-old boy hops off and makes a bee line for the opposite side of that busy street.
Fortunately, he’s scooped up by an alert traffic cop.
It happened this week and people in China are applauding the officer.
He says he dashed over to help without thinking as soon as he spotted the boy.
The child was too short for the driver of an approaching car to see and would probably have been hit.
As for why he went zooming off in the first place, KRON4 is told that he thought he saw his mother standing across the street.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- GIRL WHO DIED AFTER FALLING OFF SF CLIFF IDENTIFIED
- 6 DEATHS IN CALIFORNIA DUE TO HEAT WAVE
- EXPLODING SLIDE LEAVES CHILD WITH SECOND-DEGREE BURNS
- IN HEARTBREAKING VIDEO, GIRL BEGS MOTHER FOR QUIET AFTER CASTILE SHOOTING
- CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER MOVES NEXT DOOR TO HIS VICTIM
- VIDEO: GORILLA ‘BREAKDANCING’ IN POOL GOES VIRAL
- BRENTWOOD HOME INVASION TURNS DEADLY