(KRON) In three months the San Jose Police Department has confiscated 2,700 pounds of illegal fireworks.
Starting in April police officers used social media to make the busts. They also collected 3″, 4″, and 5″ mortars which are considered explosives.
Two people have been identified for distribution of illegal fireworks. There is an arrest warrant out for one individual.
Chief Eddie Garcia said, “We recognize and have heard the community’s concerns over the dangers and nuisance that illegal fireworks cause, especially as we get closer to the 4th of July. With these concerns in mind, our Special Operations did what they do best and responded with an extraordinary seizure.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN FRANCISCO CELEBRATES PRIDE 2017
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN
- CALIFORNIA FATHER BURIES WRONG MAN AFTER CORONER’S MISTAKE
- MAN ARRESTED FOR DRIVING RECKLESSLY WITH CHILDREN AT SANTA ROSA SIDESHOW
- AUTHORITIES: MOM LEFT 2 KIDS IN HOT CAR AS PUNISHMENT
- BAY AREA GRANDMA ARRESTED AFTER BOY HIT BY TRUCK DURING BEER RUN
- GIRL WHO DIED AFTER FALLING OFF SF CLIFF IDENTIFIED