SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)–San Francisco fire officials and police are investigating a fire at Golden Gate Park that destroyed a playground area.
According to San Francisco Recreation and Park, the fire amassed more than $1 million in damages.
Koret Playground went through a $3.8 million renovation and reopened in 2007, park officials said.
The fire didn’t result in any damages or displacements.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Sad news. Sections of Koret Children’s Playground in Golden Gate Park are closed today due to terrible acts of vandalism… pic.twitter.com/E96RpFKZVP
— SF Rec and Park (@RecParkSF) June 25, 2017
— Chuck Clifford (@chuckclifford) June 25, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN FRANCISCO CELEBRATES PRIDE 2017
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN
- CALIFORNIA FATHER BURIES WRONG MAN AFTER CORONER’S MISTAKE
- MAN ARRESTED FOR DRIVING RECKLESSLY WITH CHILDREN AT SANTA ROSA SIDESHOW
- AUTHORITIES: MOM LEFT 2 KIDS IN HOT CAR AS PUNISHMENT
- BAY AREA GRANDMA ARRESTED AFTER BOY HIT BY TRUCK DURING BEER RUN
- GIRL WHO DIED AFTER FALLING OFF SF CLIFF IDENTIFIED