HAYWARD (KRON)– San Francisco Police investigators, and canine teams from the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue Unit located human remains at a Hayward warehouse Saturday morning that may be connected to a missing father case.
The remains were discovered around 10:00 a.m. after canines searched the building, according to police.
The San Francisco Medical Examiner’s Office arrived at the scene and took custody of several bags with the remains inside them.
Medical examiners have yet to identify the deceased. Due to the condition of the remains, investigators will use DNA testing to help identify the body, police said.
According to officials, the warehouse where the remains were discovered is connected to Bob Tang, who is a missing person and a person of interest in the disappearance of Piseth Chhay who was last seen on May 14.
Chhay and Tang are family friends.
Police believe Tang fled the country to Cambodia.
The U.S. Trading Company issued this statement Monday morning:
On Saturday, remains were found in our warehouse by the Hayward and SFPD. The person of interest Bob Tang was a longtime employee of the company. We are assisting the police in their ongoing investigation.
U.S. TRADING COMPANY
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN FRANCISCO CELEBRATES PRIDE 2017
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN
- CALIFORNIA FATHER BURIES WRONG MAN AFTER CORONER’S MISTAKE
- MAN ARRESTED FOR DRIVING RECKLESSLY WITH CHILDREN AT SANTA ROSA SIDESHOW
- AUTHORITIES: MOM LEFT 2 KIDS IN HOT CAR AS PUNISHMENT
- BAY AREA GRANDMA ARRESTED AFTER BOY HIT BY TRUCK DURING BEER RUN
- GIRL WHO DIED AFTER FALLING OFF SF CLIFF IDENTIFIED