KANSAS CITY (KRON) — Police in Kansas City, Missouri are investigating a shooting involving children at a city park.
Authorities say a child under the age of 10 was shot and wounded by another child Sunday night, according to CNN affiliate WDAF.
The victim is currently hospitalized with life-threatening injuries.
Police say what happened is a strong example of why guns should not be in the hands of children.
“Every homicide is frustrating, but it really hits home when it’s a child, said Sgt. Kari Thompson. “We are all parents, we are all aunts. Some are even grandparents. And this really hurts us. Please make sure that you maintain your firearms in your homes.”
It’s unclear how the shooter obtained the gun, or if the shooting was accidental or intentional.
No arrests have been made.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- HUMAN REMAINS MAY BE CONNECTED TO MISSING SF FATHER
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN
- CALIFORNIA FATHER BURIES WRONG MAN AFTER CORONER’S MISTAKE
- MAN ARRESTED FOR DRIVING RECKLESSLY WITH CHILDREN AT SANTA ROSA SIDESHOW
- AUTHORITIES: MOM LEFT 2 KIDS IN HOT CAR AS PUNISHMENT
- BAY AREA GRANDMA ARRESTED AFTER BOY HIT BY TRUCK DURING BEER RUN
- GIRL WHO DIED AFTER FALLING OFF SF CLIFF IDENTIFIED