WASHINGTON (AP) – President Donald Trump is using Twitter to place the blame for Russian meddling in U.S. politics on his predecessor.
He’s also deflecting charges of obstruction and collusion onto former President Barack Obama. Trump writes Monday that Obama did “NOTHING about Russia after being notified by the CIA of meddling” because “he expected Clinton would win.”
Trump appears to be trying to redefine what it means to collude or obstruct as he pushes back against an investigation into interactions that members of Trump’s team may have had with Russian officials during the campaign and transition.
The president appears to be referencing a Washington Post story about the Obama administration’s handling of Russia’s attempts to influence voters.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN FRANCISCO CELEBRATES PRIDE 2017
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN
- CALIFORNIA FATHER BURIES WRONG MAN AFTER CORONER’S MISTAKE
- MAN ARRESTED FOR DRIVING RECKLESSLY WITH CHILDREN AT SANTA ROSA SIDESHOW
- AUTHORITIES: MOM LEFT 2 KIDS IN HOT CAR AS PUNISHMENT
- BAY AREA GRANDMA ARRESTED AFTER BOY HIT BY TRUCK DURING BEER RUN
- GIRL WHO DIED AFTER FALLING OFF SF CLIFF IDENTIFIED